Excellent summary of how to avoid causative actions of Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) and how to use natural medicine to prevent it! (from Townsend Letter, The Examiner of Alternative Medicine) How to Heal Alzheimer’s Disease
– Avoid Aluminum: Everyone knows this by now, but what must of us don’t know is that all the baked goods (breads, pastries, pancakes, etc.) we consume are made with baking powder with aluminum. Alum is also used in purifying of water in city water treatment plants and fluoride “greatly enhances the absorption of aluminum”. We also get aluminum in our bodies from using standard OTC antiperspirants and deodorants, especially those that are sprays (it is inhaled as well as absorbed dermally).
– Exposure to heavy metals, like mercury: Do oral chelation agents, long-term (suggestions will be added later) and maintain normal hormonal levels.
– High Homocysteine levels: Common with cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, taking NSAIDS like acetaminophen and certain antibiotics. (Note: MDs are just now becoming familiar with this but will often test the blood level of Homocysteine when one has cardiovascular disease.)
– Eat an anti-inflammatory diet (whole foods and less animal foods).
– Drink pure water.
– Take supplements such as a high dosage B Complex, vinpocetine, and Lithium Aspartate.
I recommend the following combination now: Pure Encapsulations Memory Pro and Doctor’s Best Lithium Asparate. Memory Pro is a great combination product to support brain function. It contains Bacopa and Gingko, both known to increase memory, Tumeric known as a great anti-inflammatory herb, and Resveratrol, the great anti-oxidant known to be found in red wine or grapes (here it is from a Chinese herb, Polygonum, as is most Resveratrol in supplements).